ACI FMA President Marshall Bailey to speak at Financial Services Conference in London on Personal Accountability
The ACI is partnering with City & Financial Global for this summit Tracey McDermott, Acting Chief Executive of the Financial Conduct Authority to give the opening keynote address.
With less than four months to go until the 7th March implementation of the Senior Managers and Certification Regime, the pressure is on the project teams in financial institutions to ensure that their organisations will be fully compliant in time. Furthermore, these project teams tend to comprise compliance officers and in-house legal staff.
There is widespread concern that senior managers are not as engaged in the implementation process as they should be, given the enormity of the risks that they will shortly be assuming.
For all those that will fall within the ambit of SMCR, or are likely to in the future, attendance at this event will be invaluable. This highly topical event will provide financial institutions with a final opportunity to ensure that their preparations are on track.
The summit programme tackles the key issues from a very practical perspective. In addition to examining what the regulators actually expect from firms in relation to implementation of the two regimes, the programme covers:
- The Senior Managers and Certification Regimes: the regulators’ approach to implementation
- The importance of personal accountability in changing corporate culture
- Interplay between the SM regime and the conduct rules
- Practical guidance for firms implementing the requirements of the SM regime
- Best practice checklist for individual senior managers under the SM regime
- Responsibilities of regulated firms under the Certification regime – what will it mean in practice?
- The New Duty of Responsibility and enforcement issues
- Scope for mitigating personal regulatory risk through insurance
- Role of the compliance officer in ensuring their firm’s compliance with the SM and certification regimes
- Whistle-blowing and the SM regime
- Implications of the SM regime for HR and management information systems
- Tracey McDermott, Acting Chief Executive, Financial Conduct Authority
- Elaine Aarons, Partner, Withers
- Marshall Bailey, President, ACI Financial Markets Association International
- Helen Bogan, Head of Professional Standards, Chartered Banker Institute
- Andrea Finn, Partner, Simmons & Simmons,
- Angela Hayes, Partner, King & Spalding
- Harvey Knight, Partner, Withers
- David Lipworth, Executive Director and Senior Counsel, Goldman Sachs
- Penny Miller, Partner, Simmons & Simmons
- Mary O’Connor, CEO Financial Lines GB, Willis Group Holdings
- Michael Roemer, Group Head of Compliance, Barclays
- Richard Sims, Partner, Simmons & Simmons
- Sam Tymms, Managing Director, Promontory Group
To find out more and to book please visit: www.cityandfinancialconferences.com/personalacc2015
Most popular stories
The ACIFMA have also revised the pass mark for the Operations Certificate which is now aligned with the same pass mark required for the Dealing Certificate.
Buy-side and end-user institutions feel unable to police market conduct by moving business away from counterparties perceived to have engaged in abuse, accor
News from ACI International
London – 9 April 2018: LBMA has announced a joint venture with ACI Financial Markets Association